- Top Rated Ready to Drink Protein Shakes
- 1. Pure Protein 35g Shake – Frosty Chocolate, 11 ounce, (Pack of 12)
- 2. Orgain Creamy Chocolate Fudge, 11-Ounce Container (Pack of 12)(Packaging may vary)
- 3. Atkins Ready To Drink Shake, Milk Chocolate Delight, 11-Ounce Aseptic Containers (Pack of 12)
- 4. Ensure Regular Nutrition Shake, Vanilla, 8-Ounce, 16 Count
- 5. Orgain Vegan Nutritional Shake, Smooth Chocolate, 11 Ounce (Pack of 12)
- Protein Helps You Lose Weight
- How to Get Best Results Out of Weight Loss Shakes
Losing weight is an arduous task, but is necessary for the overweight. Obesity is the main reason for many health problems and complications. Losing some weight has a great effect on your body. While diet and exercise are essential for weight loss, weight loss shakes also help.
These shakes come in various flavors and can occasionally replace meals to help you lose a few pounds a week. They are also portable and convenient to be taken and drunk wherever you are, whenever you want. Moreover they contain all the important nutrients your body requires in a compact package.
The commercially available shakes don’t usually contain sufficient fiber or phytonutrients for a healthy diet, which you get in fruits and vegetables. This is why the best weight loss shakes are those you make at home using weight loss shakes recipes.
You decide what goes into homemade weight loss shakes, and thus know it’s within your goal calorie count and nutritious. It’s also better if you have some food with the shake like an apple or some brown rice as liquid calories are not satiating as there’s nothing to chew in it. (source)
Top Rated Ready to Drink Protein Shakes
Protein is very important for muscle toning and improved body functioning and strength. As it’s not possible for everyone to get sufficient protein through natural foods, protein shakes like Frosty Chocolate help supplement your everyday protein needs.
One can of Frosty Chocolate gives you about 35 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs and is an excellent source of calcium. The shake is frosty chocolate flavored and is great for post workouts.
- Gives best results if used with an intense exercise program and balanced diet.
- Helps increase the productivity of your workouts.
- One can gives you 35 grams proteins, 4 grams carbs and is a great calcium source.
- The shake contains sucralose which many believe is bad for health.
- Some complain of the shake giving a chemical smell and taste which lingers till washed out.
- The sucralose makes the shake too sweet for many people.
- It is the sucralose which gives the shake an awful taste and a lingering, bad aftertaste.
Orgain Creamy Chocolate Fudge comes as an 11-ounce pack of 12, and is the world’s first ready-to-drink organic meal replacement. It is made using the best quality ingredients, and is laden with organic protein and complex carbohydrates from brown rice, tomatoes, kale and organic spinach.
This is a USDA organic complete nutritional shake without any artificial flavoring. It gets its taste from its natural ingredients like organic strawberry, cocoa, vanilla beans and chocolate. This is the perfect drink for those with busy and active lifestyles who don’t have time for breakfast, and opt to have it on the go.
- An organic meal replacement which helps with weight management and for pre and post-workout replenishment.
- Can be consumed by patients who require liquid nutrition
- Provides organic nutrient dense energy.
- Easy to use. Just chill, shake and drink.
- Not as antioxidant rich as it claims.
- Many loyal Orgain customers say the new formula of Creamy Chocolate Fudge meal replacement is bad and very different in tasate.
- A sweetener, Stevia has been added which seems to have worsened instead of improve its taste.
3. Atkins Ready To Drink Shake, Milk Chocolate Delight, 11-Ounce Aseptic Containers (Pack of 12)
Chocolate lovers find it rather difficult going on a diet as they just can’t give up chocolate. Atkins now has provided a solution for this; their ready to drink chocolate shake which any chocolate lover will love!
The shake is rich, creamy and satisfying, and is filled with proteins, calcium and important vitamins and minerals. Despite being chocolaty in flavor and so rich and creamy, each shake only carries 160 calories but has 15 Gms protein, 2 Gms carbs and 1 gm. sugar.
- A rich, chocolaty and creamy but healthy shake which keeps you satisfied through the morning.
- Very helpful at maintaining Atkins lifestyle through the day.
- Helps diabetics and people who can’t exercise because of time constraint and health problems like arthritis lose weight.
- Some shakes have a thick and slimy, and not creamy consistency. The drink also tends to develop into a glob-like mess as time passes.
- Too expensive for 4 single shakes.
- Some lids are defective and tend to leak. This leads to the shake dripping onto clothes, and leaves a stain which is difficult to remove.
Just as its name suggests, Ensure ensures their shake is a complete and balanced nutrition shake. This brand is recommended by doctors as it is an excellent source of 26 essential vitamins and minerals, omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
The present formula contains 30% less sugars than previous blends. Each bottle contains 8 oz. of their regular nutrition vanilla flavored shake and comes in a box of 16 bottles. It is better consumed cold, and has to be refrigerated once opened.
- Ensure is the #1 doctor recommended brand.
- A meal replacement shake for breakfast, lunch or even a snack between meals as it’s more nutritious than fast food.
- The perfect shake for those on the go and those recuperating from surgery or illness.
- Contains 26 vitamins and minerals, is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids and has 30% less sugar than previous formulas.
- Easy to swallow for those who need to eat liquid food.
- Some notice a weird aftertaste due to the artificial sugars in the new formula.
- There are complaints of ants in the Ensure box. Check your delivery as soon as you receive it.
- Some complain of receiving dingy Ensure bottles with encrusting on the bottles.
No time for breakfast and a vegan? Looking for something to have on the go? Well, Orgain has something for you, their chocolate Vegan Nutritional Shake. This shake contains organic fruits and veggies, organic protein, organic complex carbs and 21 vitamins and minerals. Moreover, it’s dairy, soy and gluten free without any GMO, just what you are looking for!
This in in fact the first and only USDA organic and vegan nutritional shake which is perfect for people on the go. It’s also a healthy meal replacement shake to use in your weight loss endeavors, and for diabetics looking for healthy snacks.
- Contains organic fruits, vegetables and complex carbs and 16 gm. plant based USDA organic protein.
- Perfect for vegans as its non-GMO and dairy, soy and gluten free.
- Very helpful at curbing cravings and snack attacks and for use post-workout.
- Best cold, these shakes contain all the nutrition you need for a meal on a busy day
- Good protein source for vegetarians
- Available in packs of 12
- Some don’t like its taste because of the monk fruit extract in it. However this exists in most vegan shakes which contain Splenda or Equal instead of sugar.
- The vanilla is horrible; but chocolate is much better and tolerable.
Protein Helps You Lose Weight
Protein shakes for weight loss are very famous as protein is important for weight loss. As the name suggests, these are shakes consisting mainly of protein powder and water, and may have other ingredients too. They provide a convenient source of protein for your diet, especially in cases of limited access to high protein foods and if you need to increase your protein intake for reasons like bodybuilding.
Protein helps you lose weight as it helps boost your metabolism, reduces your appetite and helps you lose your body fat. It reduces your appetite and hunger by increasing the levels of appetite-reducing hormones and reducing ghrelin, or rather hunger hormone levels. Moreover, as protein makes you feel fuller, it reduces the chances of your eating unnecessarily in between meals and thus lose fat.
Protein shakes also help with weight loss as a high-protein diet helps increase your body metabolism as muscles tend to burn more calories than fat. The effects are more pronounced if you incorporate some strength training into your everyday routine as strength training helps prevent muscle loss and metabolic slowdown.
All these effects of protein on your body metabolism, muscle and appetite also help minimize weight gain after losing weight. Of the many proteins powders used in shakes, whey is the most popular as it contains the essential amino acids your body requires. It is absorbed quicker than casein and is thrice more effective at building muscles.
How to Get Best Results Out of Weight Loss Shakes
- Unless specified by your doctor, replace no more than two meals, or one meal and a snack a day with shakes.
- Meal replacement shakes are best used for troublesome meals like if you tend to skip breakfast or miss lunch because of work. You can also have it for dinner if you don’t know what to cook for dinner!
- Make sure your shakes contain at least 200 calories and have a good balance of dietary fiber, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals for your body. This helps prevent any adverse effects on your health and prevents hunger pangs.
- Use shakes as required; sometimes twice a day, sometimes once a day and sometimes nothing at all. Preferably have a shake when it’s better having a shake instead of skipping a meal or eating junk food. The whole point is to maintain your calorie intake.
- Variety is the spice of life, even here. Try new recipes if you make your shakes at home, or try different products to avoid getting bored with a particular brand or shake.
- Make sure your other meals are nutritionally balanced, and includes fresh fruits and vegetables, proteins, carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- The effects of the shakes are better only if you feel full after drinking them. If you are not satisfied, you end up feeling hungry in 20 minutes’ time, and end up eating a candy bar or some other high-calorie snack as you cannot wait for the next meal! This is why a high protein and fiber meal replacement shake with low amounts of sugar; are a better option as they promote satiation well.
While studies have proven that drinking 1-2 meal replacement shakes everyday can help you lose about 2% more of your body weight than just following a diet, you can’t expect miracles. There’s no point in just drinking weight loss shakes twice a day, and then gorging on junk food for other meals. For best results, you need to follow a healthy lifestyle, and exercise.